Ensuring that all our children become 'World Wise' is one of our 5 curriculum drivers. At Stanton we provide an inclusive, engaging Forest School experience that teaches children to take responsibility for protecting the environment and to value thier own place in the world.
Being outdoors and embracing all that nature has to offer is a key part of life at Stanton. Forest School builds resilience, boosts self-esteem and helps children to develop confidence through creative engagement with the natural world. It is a hands-on approach which encourages children to make decisions, work in a team and take risks within boundaries. Participating in engaging, motivating tasks and learning new skills, enables children to grow in self-confidence, self-esteem and motivation, whilst also becoming informed and responsible stewards of our environment.
Forest school encourages children to:
- Develop personal and social skills.
- Work through practical problems and challenges.
- Use tools to create, build and manage.
- Discover how they learn best.
- Learn how to manage failures.
- Experience achievement and success.
- Reflect on learning and experiences.
- Develop their language and communication skills.
- Improve fine and gross motor skills.
- Build confidence in decision-making, risk taking and team building.
The Future of Forest School at Stanton
This year has been a very exciting one, as we transformed our Forest School area. What started out as a vision on paper has become a reality with the support of our wonderful parents and FOSS.
Visit our Forest School Blog to see what we have been getting up to Stanton St Quintin - Forest School (stantonschool.net)